Runaway Homeless Youth Awareness Month is the month of November. We are bringing awareness about the issue and its impact on youth and young adults in our city. Can you imagine facing housing insecurity in a city as large as Los Angeles? Often invisible, it is estimated that there are over 15,000 homeless youth in LA County; and 23% are in South Los Angeles. Through SOH’s independent living and emergency and rent assistance programs, homeless TAY are able to find housing relief.
Join us by posting pictures and handwritten message on ending youth homelessness by 2020.
And,…you can support SOH during Runaway Homeless Youth Awareness month by:
1) Making a monetary contribution to our cause.
2) Making an in-kind donation of food and gift cards from our Amazon Wishlist.
3) Engaging with us to spread the word about partnerships to end youth homelessness by 2020.
4) Walking with us and joining the Los Angeles Coalition to End Youth Homelessness for HomeWalk on November 15 to bring awareness.
5) Choosing a day to wear “green” in support of ending youth homelessness.